How to get in shape fast? It’s a question that everyone asks in the spring, but there’s no easy answer. You’re searching for answers all over the internet, but all of these websites don’t give you what you need-a clear piece of advice.
You’re consulting your friends but they don’t have any convenient instructions other than some general tips (drink more water, go jogging every day, don’t eat too much, hit the gym etc. ).
Well, not us. We will suggest several ways to get in shape fast, and you can decide which one you want to try. Of course, the best solution would be to combine all these ways we will discuss so that you get in shape in no time.
Before we start, it is important to remember that in order to get that perfect summer body, you will need to change your daily routine and become ore active. Let’s take a look at some of the ways that can help you rock that new swimsuit you bought!
1. Aerobic Training and Jogging
When it comes to aerobic training, it’s very important that you set the goals for each day and that you complete all of them. For example:
- Today I want to run 3 km continuously without walking and you complete it. I want to set a goal for a month – jogging for 30 minutes without walking.
- Jumping the rope for five minutes continuously can be the second goal for you in order to do it for 15 minutes by the end of a month.
- Sprint is always great for losing weight quickly. Your goal for each day can be 100 m of a sprint. And you can count your time to know how to improve your speed.
- You can do a combination of these three training every day, it’s more effective and productive. Or you can combine the two of them, it’s your choice, but prepare to make an effort to accomplish every exercise. For the beginners will be perfect to:
- run 1 km without walking in 3 series
- jump the rope for 3 minutes continuously in 5 series.
- to do sprint running two times
You have to set higher goals to achieve great results. You have to do these exercises 3 or 4 days per week.
2. Try to Avoid Sitting All Day
The doctors will always advise you to take more walks because research has shown that sitting during the day augments the blood pressure, cholesterol, diabetes etc. To prevent this, you can do the following things:
- Walk more. We know it’s hard cause of your work obligations, but if you set a goal to take a walk every day and stick to it, you will start enjoying it and will never miss a walk again!
- Standing is better. Since sitting may cause back pain due to the irregular seating position, standing is an alternative. Not all day, of course.
3. Weight Training
The best answer to the question of how to get in shape fast is undoubtedly weight training. For this training, you have to think about 3 things:
- If you want to build muscle mass, you will require special diets and supplements
- If you want to build strength – with great exercises you can have the same effects as the building muscle mass.
- If you want to just tone your muscles – you will reduce your weight training to a minimum.
4. Exercises for Strength
Beside your cardio training, you can try strength training. This is the easiest and the hardest way to get in shape at the same time. Why? If you do it effectively, you will see the results very soon, but if you’re lazy and you skip your workout exercise, your results won’t be visible at all. There are two reasons why these exercises are important:
- It will help you to build your muscles, improve your strength and get body definition.
- It will help you to increase your metabolism and to augment body’s ability to burn calories.
When you jump on the strength training there are some things you need to know:
- You have to rest your muscle groups
- You’ll need the day off between the training of the same muscle groups
* Lower Part of the Body
Here are some tips on how to get in shape fast when it comes to your lower part of the body.
The best option are compounds exercises because they work multiple muscle groups all at once. You should work on:
- Leg press
- Calf raises
* Upper Part of the Body
The exercises for the upper part of the body are more complex and harder than the ones for the lower part. There are a couple of exercises you can try:
- Bench press
- Dumbbell overhead press
- Lat pull
- Bent over dumbbell rows or barbell rows, rows on machine
- Front, lateral and reverse flyes
5. Flexibility Training
Don’t forget about flexibility and stretching! It’s an essential part of every exercise. Stretching will help you to prepare for your workout session.
Why is Stretching Helpful?
- It can facilitate pain and ache
- It can ameliorate your motion skills
- It can augment your athletic potential
- It can reduce the risk of injuries
When you’re stretching, don’t go to the point where you feel the pain. You can hold each position for about 20 seconds. Consider including these stretches:
- forward bend
- low lunge
- side stretch
- seated back twist
6. Well-balanced Diet
The last but not the least-food. One of the most important parts of the getting in shape plan is a healthy and balanced food. It’s super important to pay attention to what you eat especially when you exercise. Here are some advise considering the diet:
- Eat all types of food. Try to experiment but remember to include different types of food every day.
- Protein has the most important role in your diet if you want to get in shape real quick.
- Include the fruits and vegetables in your diet.
- Don’t skip meals or starve yourself.
- Include healthy snacks in your diet such as walnuts, almonds, peanuts, pistachios, cashews etc.
- Drink water regularly to help maintain proper hydration. It’s recommended to drink at least 8 to 13 glasses of water daily. Consume drinks without calories only.
There is no magical solution to losing weight and getting in shape, but if you follow these simple guidelines, you’ll get there in no time! Good luck!